The 2009 Catholic Media Convention theme lets you know that this year’s agenda is designed to help you grow in this age of exploding media opportunities.
- Five Master Camp training opportunities at no additional fee. New this year are Quark, Adobe and a Digital Media Boot Camp
- Business workshops focus on postal solutions, advertising growth, circulation and leadership
- Writers and communicators can attend 20 different workshops ranging from diocesan communication plans to covering immigration and gay marriage issues.
- Networking opportunities start at roundtables on Wednesday after and don’t end until Friday evening.
- Bringing your family? Send the little ones to a Kids Camp while you attend a workshop.
Have a great time, participate, and bring back valuable information and skills.
Registration starts Monday, March 2nd on-line at either link:
Topic tracks are listed below, complete schedule to come soon. We hope to see you in Anaheim.
For just $360 you get …
40 plus workshops, panel discussions, trainings & master camps
2 plenary presentations
2 lunch meals
2 receptions prior to evening meals
1 evening meal
1 banquet meal with awards presentation
1 post-banquet reception with award viewing
endless growth opportunities
• Digital Media Boot Camp
• Movie Screening
• Best Practices Multimedia for your Website
• Paper to Pixels: Storytelling on the Web
• Lead Like Jesus
• Your Catholic Magazine Can Survive the Road Ahead
• Your Newspaper Can Survive the Road Ahead
• Advertising Rate Structure
• Win Randy Grosse’s Money – Million dollar Ideas
• Does Your Publication Have Any Friends?
• Postal – Presenting to the Catholic Reader
• Postal – When All Hell Breaks Loose
• Tweets and Twends: New Methods in Reaching Readers Through Social Media
• Social Media for the Catholic Press
• Plenary Presentations – Thursday & Friday
• Media Literacy: “How to View Desperate Housewives” (Presenter: Sr. Rose Pacatte, FSP)
• Social Media Marketing: Powering Your Catholic Brand Via Web 2.0
• Content Analysis
• Editor/freelancer Panel
• Photography Workshop
• The New Roman Missal
• Pro-Life Topic
• Immigration Topic
• Gay Marriage/Proposition 8
• How to Live Your Faith in the Hollywood Marketplace
• Q & A with Msgr. Tighe
• The Making of Zamboanga: Poverty War Music
• Hispanic Outreach for Diocesan Publications
• Producing for the Web
• Convergence “In the Diocese: New Media and Catholic Media”
• Producing Diocesan Documentaries
• Newspaper small circ
• Newspaper large circ
• Hispanic/Spanish Language
• Communication directors
• Catholic Press Association
• Catholic Academy for Communication Arts Professionals
• Catholic Advertising Network
• Wednesday evening Movie & Pizza Party
• Thursday morning activity
• Friday morning activity
Catholic Press Association of the United States and Canada
205 W Monroe St., Suite 470
Chicago, IL 60606
Leave a comment
No comments yet.