MY FRIEND CHILDREN’S MAGAZINE
The only monthly Catholic kids magazine in the U.S
Sneak Preview OCTOBER 2005 issue:
(Order copies from www.pauline.org)
· October is our Media Awareness issue on movies. Guest editor: Sr. Hosea Marie Rupprect!
o We’ll take “A Peek into the Reel World of Documentaries” with Susan Vogel-Misicka. Be sure to check out the cool movie production photos from Winged Migration and March of the Penguins!
o We’ll be meeting Patrick Yodzis who’s “Making a Difference in Our World” as a teenage filmmaker with an interest in moviemaking that began many years ago.
o In the fiction story “Drake, U.I.,” a boy learns that “must-have” movie tie-ins like video games sometimes come with a price tag that’s way too high for him—or anyone—to pay!
o Two awesome activities will keep kids thinking about media and movies: Sr. Rose’s “Frame It!” and Sr. Hosea’s “Storyboard a Movie.”
· Readers will learn about the value of being themselves (and being creative) with the fiction story “Aleksa’s Scrunchies.”
· Our pull-out-and-save Beatitudes Poster features The 2nd Beatitude.
· Kids review a terrific movie: Children of Heaven.
· The “Stepping Stones” gang is coping with the new school year, new friends, and some new media-related challenges.
· And “Saints of Note” concludes the inspiring story of Blessed James Alberione!
(Comments, ideas, suggestions, and feedback are all welcome! E-mail us at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Leave a comment
No comments yet.